1) D-glass has a low dielectric constant with superior electrical properties. However, its mechanical properties are not so good as E-or S-glass.
2) S-glass is a high-strength glass with a 33% higher tensile strength than E-glass.
3) E-glass is electrical grade with low alkali content. It manifests better electrical insulation and strongly resists attack by water. More than 50% of the fiberglass mesh used for reinforcement is E-glass.
4) C-glass is chemical glass, a special mixture with extremely high chemical resistance.
5) A-glass is a high-alkali glass containing 25% soda and lime, which offers very good resistance to chemicals, but lower electrical properties. ,